Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hamlin Peak (ME #2)

On day 2 of my hiking trip to Baxter State Park, I hiked up Hamlin Range to capture my second Maine 4000 footer in as many days.  The weather was patchy and the views were in and out the whole day.  Below is a photo of the summit marker.  The summit itself is very flat and is sort of a plateau with scattered rocks and grass.

The hike itself went fast and was much easier than hiking up Katahdin.  I did manage to snap another pretty cool shot of the Pamalo and the start of the Knife's Edge.


And here is a panorama containing, Pamalo, Chimney Peak, Katahdin and Hamlin.
I took the Saddle trail back down which was short and easy.  Great weekend hiking and I look forward to heading back up there when my girls get bigger.







No comments:

Post a Comment